Computer repair / Wireless (WiFi) / Internet & email / Printers / Data Recovery / Upgrades / Tune-ups / Virus removal
We can come to your door, investigate the cause of your WiFi problems, and either fix the issue or give you some suitable solutions.
WiFi technology, although commonly used, has many design limitations.
If you are experiencing WiFi problems then the problem could be caused by the configuration of your WiFi equipment, the quality of the equipment, or by external factors which need to be mitigated.
Even if you have broadband (Fibre) Internet, your WiFi could be causing your Internet access speed to become slow.
Common WiFi problems
– slow WiFi on all devices
– WiFi slow on one computer only
– WiFi not connecting
– WiFi disconnects randomly or frequently
– WiFi signal strength drops for no apparent reason
– WiFi keeps disconnecting
– WiFi Direct problems on Windows 10
– WiFi connected but no internet
What causes WiFi problems?
WiFi performance can be affected by a range of factors, and they should all be considered when setting up or troubleshooting your WiFi network:
– overlapping frequencies from other, nearby WiFi networks
– Bluetooth devices
– building wall materials (concrete, metal, lead paint)
– transmit power
– using an inappropriate frequency for your situation (2.4 GHz versus 5 GHz. You may need a site survey to determine which wifi channel is best for your situation)
– WiFi channel width
– outdated firmware on your WiFi router or Access Points
– WiFi adaptor driver on your computer/laptop
– a problem with your computer/laptop/smartphone
WiFi can be an excellent tool for your home or office, but it has limitations and it can create a security risk if it is not installed correctly and maintained regularly.
We can install WiFi in your home or small business office to enable your wireless devices to communicate: printers, laptop, computers, tablets & mobile phones.
Benefits of WiFi
– save money on wiring costs
– monitor your security cameras anywhere in your home/office
– bypass cabling restrictions in your building
– increased productivity
WiFi security (securing your WiFi)
There are two main components to having secure WiFi:
(1) Proper configuration
(2) Regular maintenance
Both of those components can become an attack vector for people with malicious intent, and so they are both equally important.
Don’t let your WiFi become a security risk to your home or business!
DID YOU KNOW…
Failing to maintain your WiFi equipment can allow malicious hackers to access your computer systems